Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Probably the Stupidest Thing I Ever Did....

Now I'm sure I can count loads of things off the top of my head of stupid things I've done in my life thus far. But I think what happened yesterday beats the cake for now.

So Monday, after noticing that I had been running close to E since Friday, I realized that maybe I should stop over to get some gas. Thus, I pulled over to the gas station and looked for the prepaid card needed to get the cheapest gas given at this vendor.... Come to find out a few minutes into searching for said card that it was missing! Then I thought about paying with cash, but found nothing but useless point cards staring back at me. Calmly, at first, I thought "what do I do?" I thought of my options and the probability of getting stuck on the side of the road stranded. Soon after, I felt a sudden pang of panic like that little boy who unknowing takes his bigger brother's leftover dessert and finds out that he's not going to be able to hide the fact... Ahhhh!

But this has never happened before, could this REALLY happen to me? Today? Now? So I slowly convinced myself to continue on a 20 minute drive to my private class for the evening. In retrospect, boy I wish I had gone straight home and gotten some money and put gas in my car.

That night I went home and forgot all about the fact that my car had been running on E for days and went straight to bed. Next day I get in my car and shriek.... "ahhhh!" I've still got no gas.... "Don't worry, don't worry, you'll still be able to get to work...." I kept repeating with much control. So for the whole 15 minutes drive to work every inch was followed by a satisfying, "yes! keep on going," keep on going." Until I finally reached work and thanked my lucky stars. "Yatta! I did it." I shouted. But, "Shoot! I have to get gas right after work today. No IFs ANDs or BUTs about it!"

Anyhoot, I ended up getting out of work late that day and had to speed to my private class for the evening. Of course expending even more energy on an already exhausted tank. Who in the heck would be crazy enough to do that? Yet now, with class over I reach into my wallet and pull over at the next gas station and find to my dismay that I had gone straight to sleep last night without putting any money in my wallet!!!!! AH!!!!!! NOW IS THE TIME TO PANIC!!!! Five days running on empty does NOT bode well. And sure enough, I try to get my car home and on the last stretch, and i mean the very last stretch, she gives up on me.

Luckily I was only a block away from my apartment. So it wasn't too long of a stretch for me to... yes you guessed it. I had to HAUL my car from the spot it stalled to my apartment. The first stretch was relatively easy. It was the last bit that proved difficult as I had to pull it up a little mound into the parking lot of my apartment. Even now I don't know how I was able to do that alone. But it's undeniable that I'm one strong cookie. I know others will disagree and call me "little" but the facts say it all. :P Anyhoot, I couldn't get any gas that evening because I live in a very small town and everything closes once the sun disappears. I had to wait the next morning to make the trek on foot all the way to the gas station and back.

Anyhoot, the lesson learned here is that 4 days on E is NOT smart. Maybe 2 is okay.... LOL No, I learned my lesson. You should never even touch E, lol. ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home