Monday, November 09, 2009

Another Year

Yes, it's another year, but this year is unlike any other. I truly believe it was the best birthday celebration I've ever had. And it's not like I'd had a big party or had gone out on the town dancing until the wee hours of the morning (my preferred means of celebration).

A proper whole weekend affair from Friday evening until late Sunday night, there was love and friendship abound. But really it wasn't what I'd been able to do, but who I'd been able to spend it with that made it such a memorable experience. A fantastic surprise dinner with close christian friends, a long relaxing day out in a hot spa, a bit of shock and sadness, a heart stopping confession, shopping, surprise gifts of fruit (which I'd NEEDED), more food and more laughter, grrrrrreat birthday cards!, I couldn't have asked for more.

What made this year so different than any other was the realization that it wasn't what I was doing that was important, but who I spent it with that made it special.

Wow, it took me this long to figure this out. Well better late than never.

I'd like to thank ALL the special people in my life. I LOVE you.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I LOVE you too!!! You made 09 an incredibly special year for me.

-side note-
i heard an echo in the comment box while typing... where is everyone? lol


xxx

February 3, 2010 at 12:40 AM  
Blogger Shrls said...

what do you mean where is everyone A? they are here there and everywhere.

:P

February 3, 2010 at 11:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home